We have listed our picks for the best 4K TVs price, quality and features wise that are amazing in providing a quality gaming experience.
Finding the best 4k gaming tv isn’t a challenging task anymore. The proper guidance provided at the right place can save you time, money, and effort. Everyone seems to indulge in computer gaming in this era, and everyone wants advanced and better gaming equipment; a quality smart TV is a must. Some people prefer playing on monitors while others have shifted to a TV screen.
The TV screen seems fun for gaming, but many factors become hurdles while playing on a TV screen. The TV should have the essential HDMI 2.1 port and other features to make it possible to play games on it. Because a bigger screen means more spread out pixels and worse picture quality. That is why you need to check all features and qualities of the TV to get your hands on a good deal.
We have listed our picks for the best 4k TVs that are amazing in providing a quality gaming experience. All of them stand out because of their features. So let’s look into them and decide which one you will pick as your next 4K smart TV for gaming.
4k TV For Gaming Top Picks
1. Sony X90J 4K TV
When we mention Sony, there isn’t any need left to describe more. The brand’s name is enough to justify how amazing and reliable it is. So there is no doubt the Sony 4K TV won’t be on top of our list. This Sony X90J comes with XR TRILUMINOS PRO technology that ensures to deliver impressive picture quality and colors.
The fantastic thing that I like about this Sony 4K TV is that it is inexpensive. When it comes to price, we doubt the quality, but sony X90J does not disappoint at all. It has all the features packed in for such an affordable price. You can enjoy the adventures of 4k gaming on your budget. Specific to the gaming area, the tv has BRAVIA XR HDMI 2.1 port that provides a fantastic gaming experience. The device features 4K/120Hz and BRAVIA Game Mode. By switching to BRAVIA Game mode, the input lag decreases. The frame rate of the TV increases, giving out an extraordinary performance.
It has 4 HDMI ports, out of which 2 are HDMI 2.1, specifically for the gaming console. The ports are perfect for connecting your PS5, Xbox, and Series X. The TV provides VRR and ALLM technology that is perfect for excellent picture quality and gaming experience. It is incredible for gaming because its near-instantaneous response time eliminates lags and gives a smooth gaming experience.
All in all, if you are tight on budget but do not want to compromise on the quality, which you should not at all. This Sony X90J 4K TV is the best option for you. It has all the features that give you a perfect gaming experience and is very easy to set up and use.
2. VIZIO P659-G1 P-Series Quantum 65” Class 4K HDR Smart TV
VIZIO 4K smart TV is so far the best TV that we’ve tested. Quantum Dot technology provides the most outstanding picture quality by delivering an improved range of colors and luminance range. Added to picture quality, it also provides a high level of brightness and deeper shades of black, which create a contrasting detailed picture.
Talking about the gaming experience with this TV, it is excellent in that aspect too. VIZIO P650-G1 has excellent response time, which ensures lags in response; that is why it gives you fabulous gaming time. Furthermore, thanks to its low input lag and the amazing HDMI 2.1 port available in VIZIO TV, it makes the gaming smooth and fun.
The motion handling and a low latency rate of Vizio TV is another reason for its amazing gaming response. Due to the local dimming feature of this TV set, the image quality increases in a dark room. It provides perfect contrast in the pictures and an excellent display.
In short, this VIZIO 4k TV is the best choice if you like gaming in a dark room. The dimming technology and deeper black contrasting shades of the TV provide the brightest picture in the dark. In addition, the price is reasonable, and it reduces the lag and gives quality gaming time.
3. SAMSUNG QLED QN90A Series
Next on our list is the Samsung QN90A series 4K TV available in 5 different sizes. It has Quantum Matrix Technology with Mini LED that gives a quality picture for video streams and gaming. You can play heavy games on this smart TV without compromising on the quality of the image.
This quality picture is possible because of its set up technology of Neo QLED used in the Samsung Qn90A series. Besides, it offers low latency modes and supports variable refresh rates, due to which you can experience smooth gaming.
The other amazing feature that I like being a games maniac myself is that it has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports. So you can connect multiple gaming consoles to the TV at the same time and enjoy gaming sessions with your squad. Moreover, it has a built-in speaker and Alexa as well.
All in all, Samsung QN90A smart TV provides a vibrant picture due to its Neo QLED technology while gaming. It has four ports to connect your gaming devices to. With other nifty features, it gives wholesome gaming fun on a widescreen.
4. Samsung UN85TU8000 4K Crystal 8 Series Ultra High Definition Smart TV
This budget-friendly Samsung TU8000 4K series is the best option for your fun activities if you are tight on a budget. Getting a QLED AND Neo QLED smart TV can be very expensive but don’t worry. Samsung TU8000 offers the best 4k quality experience at a reasonable price.
Although the price is reasonable, you get all the 4k technologies embedded in this TV that make it the best. It has a 4k Crystal Processor that transfers the image in 4k quality. In addition, it provides the minimum lag input of 9.7ms and a VRR or 12Hz panel that promises a smooth gaming experience without lags and trips.
The look and design of the TV are fascinating and pretty. It adds to the aesthetic of your living room. The thing I like the most about this TV is its 1-year warranty. So if there is even 10 percent doubt about the TV quality because of its price, the warranty clears it out.
In short, this Samsung model 4k TV is the best budget pick if you are looking for a cheap TV that can fulfill all your gaming requirements. It, although lacks brightness and has minimum viewing angles, as every rose has a thorn. At this price, this is the best deal you will ever get.
5. LG OLED65C1PUB C1 Series 65″ 4K Smart OLED TV
Talking of the 4k TV system that supports gaming the best is the LG C1 series 4k smart TVs. They provide excellent gaming support and ensure quality images and offer other unique features that you will never let this TV go. The gaming optimizer feature of the TV makes this TV the best for gaming purposes.
It has four 4k 120Hz HDMI 2.1 ports offering full access to fun and entertainment. This model is the latest in the market, and you will see every gamer crushing over this LG C1 series. The quality of gaming support it provides is fantastic.
It is a premium OLED performer with a Gaming optimizer, motion handling, and TruMotion Smooth technologies. These technologies are the reason the picture of the LG C1 series TV floats smoothly without any tweaks and lags. So even while playing heavy gaming, you won’t notice any change in the quality of the picture.
To conclude, the LG C1 series TV is one of the best 4k TVs that provide an excellent gaming experience. If you are ready to meet this TV’s expenses, you must buy this new model. They come in beautiful vibrant colors and different screen sizes. Moreover, they are offering a variety of choices to find your favorite one.
6. Samsung Q70T
Samsung Q70T is another best 4k TV choice for your gaming needs. It has impressive features and is a mid-range 4k TV available on the market. So you get a quality product at a quality price. The Samsung Q70T has QLED, which is the best and fastest display panel.
It has quantum HDR technology that improves the picture’s color quality and displays vibrant colors on the screen. You feel pleasure while looking at the quality and rich colors on the screen. The quality of the picture and color contrast does not change for playing games as well.
The best thing that I like about Samsung Q70T is its input lag. It has a 14ms input lag which is very low. It gives the smoothest gaming experience ever. Apart from these essential qualities for gaming purposes, the TV has other highly useful and cool features.
All in all, Samsung Q70T has all the qualities that a 4k TV should have to provide you with the best gaming experience. It is my personal favorite choice to buy for my gaming activities. The price is moderate, the color quality is perfect, the input lag is low, and the design of the TV is also very unique and eye-catching.
7. Sony X80J
Another fantastic deal that we got on our list is the Sony X80J 4k TV. It has a sleek design and unique features. First, let’s talk about TRILUMINOS Pro technology used in this TV that ensures accurate and perfect picture quality with precisely detailed color contrasts. It ensures more vibrant colors than any conventional TV set.
Similarly, 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1 technology makes the TV run smoothly and perfectly. It works with good speed and gives quality pictures while playing games as well. Likewise, the MOTIONFLOW XR feature of this TV also provides a smooth slow of images on the TV. With this feature, you will hardly encounter any lag or glitch in the picture quality.
Moreover, the light, Real life depth, deep blacks, and brightness of the TV are perfectly controlled and contrasted, giving out a quality of picture that gives the image a true-to-life feeling. Therefore, the TV is best for gaming and movies; the quality of photos takes you in the movie world, and it feels as if someone has bought you inside the screen.
In short, among the list of the best 4k TV sets for gaming Sony X80J is a strong candidate too. It is a perfect blend for a theatre and a gaming zone in your living room. The TV is smart, cool, has all essential features for gaming purposes, and provides excellent picture quality.
What To Know Before Buying 4k TV For Gaming
Buying a perfect and all-rounder product in the market can be difficult. There are various products available for single items in markets that you get confused about and make wrong choices at times. But don’t worry; for this sole purpose, the buying guides and review articles exist.
Apart from using Xbox and PlayStation for gaming, the new trend is to play on a big monitor screen or TV. But you can’t play on every other computer. So for gaming purposes, you need to be very mindful to invest your money in the right product and enjoy it for a longer time. So here we list factors you need to be careful of when deciding on buying a new 4k TV for gaming.
The first and foremost thing that you should consider is the price of any product, whether it is a 4k TV or any other product. Because price does define the quality of your product, it should neither be too cheap nor too expensive. If it’s cheap and suits your budget but lacks the quality and features, it’s just a waste of money. It is better to save more money and wait to invest in the right product.
Similarly, if the TV is too expensive and has cool features, it has those features that you know you will not use, but you buy the TV just because it is expensive and expensive things will never disappoint, then you are wrong. Instead, look for the purpose you need a specific product for. For example, if you are buying the 4k TV for gaming purposes, look for the features and qualities in the TV that will prove suitable for gaming. If a moderate-priced TV fulfills that, it is best to buy it rather than waste money on useless cool features.
Coming to the TV features, the first one is the display panel type of the TV. There are four main display panel types TN, VA, IPS, and OLED. LCD and LED define how the image will display on the screen. The best option for gaming needs is OLED AND IPS display panels. So choose that TV which has these panels. OLED is a bit expensive as it is the latest technology, but they provide better display results. However, if your pocket is shallow, then IPS is the best option as well.
The difference between OLED and IPS is that OLED produces its own light while IPS uses other mini lights to light it from the back. That is why because of the self-illuminating quality of OLED, it provides better contrast than other display panels. OLEDs are not that bright, while IPS provides more brightness.
The other important thing to notice while buying a 4k tv for gaming is to check the refresh rate of the tv. By refresh rate or frame changing rate, it means how quickly the screen changes the frame—the quicker the frame changes, the better speed and quality the TV will provide. Most traditional TVs give a 50 Hz refresh rate. However, it is essential to buy a TV that has a 60Hz or above refresh rate. Because when you are in a gaming challenge and the screen lags and does not respond the best, it kills the mood and fun.
Input Lag or Latency
Besides refresh rate, the other feature that matters a lot in 4k Tv is the input lag of the TV, especially if you are looking for a tv for your gaming needs. Input lag means the time it takes to display the picture on-screen sent from another source. For example, you are in the middle of a gaming competition. Your opponent is attacking your character, but because of your screen input lag, you receive the images late, and there is a lag in between that will ruin your game. That is why it is essential to focus on this feature. We recommend that you specifically check this feature before buying a TV and choose that model with lower latency or input lag.
HDR means High-Dynamic Range Imaging; it provides more colors and vibrance to the picture of your TV. If your tv is 4k, it must have this technology, but most of the company’s 4K TVs lack this feature. That is why check the description of the tv to know whether it has HDR technology or not. HDR gives refreshing, clear, and bright picture quality.
Check Your Device
Many people make the biggest mistake because they buy a 4k tv and forget to check their gaming console compatibility. In search of 4k tv, they don’t check whether their console will work with 4k tv or not. Because not all gaming devices are compatible to connect with 4k TVs. One solution is to change your gaming console and your TV simultaneously or buy a tv that is compatible with your gaming console.
HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface, making it possible to connect your Tv with your gaming console or other devices. Your tv should have an HDMI 2.0 OR HDMI 2.1 port to make the connection possible between the TV and the gaming console. Most TVs have more than one port which is good and good, but there must be at least one port to transfer the 4k image quality; otherwise, it is all in vain.
Wrapping It Up
Although many good 4K TVs are available in the market here, we picked the best out of all the TVs. They are tested and approved. We hope this guide helps you find your ideal 4K TV for yourself. We have listed the price, quality, and performance of the TVs so that you can choose according to your budget and needs. Here are the top 3 favorite picks that I like the most
LG OLED65C1PUB: Alexa Built-in C1 Series, 65″,4K Smart OLED TV, has gaming optimizer and fantastic image quality.
SAMSUNG QN90A Series: 4K UHD Quantum HDR 64x Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (QN55QN90AAFXZA, 2021 Model), and budget-friendly.
VIZIO P659-G1 P-Series Quantum 65” Class 4K HDR Smart TV: high brightness, has deeper shades of black, and high response time.
If these weren’t enough, check out these 4K TV for gaming from Amazon also:
- Superior 4K Ultra HD: Picture clarity combined with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the most lifelike...
- Mini-LED Technology: Uncompromised contrast, brightness, and uniformity for incredible viewing in any environment
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 48.3" x 31.1" x 13.7"; Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 48.3" x 28.1" x 2.8"
- QLED: Quantum dot technology delivers better brightness and wider color volume
- Contrast Control Zones: Contrast is individually optimized across up to 240 localized zones for striking contrast between bright and dark areas of the...
- 4K UHD Processor: a powerful processor optimizes your tv’ s performance with 4K picture quality
- Inputs & Outputs: 3 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet port, 2 USB Ports (v 2.0), 1 Digital Audio Output (Optical), 1 Composite Input (AV),
- Dimensions with Stand (WxHxD): 28.5" x 18.8" x 6.1" | with Stand Weight: 11.9 lb. | without Stand Dimensions (WxHxD): 28.5" x 16.6" x 1.2" | without...
- 4K UHD: see what you’ve been missing on a crisp, clear picture that’s 4x the resolution of Full HD
- Smart TV with Universal Guide: our simple on-screen Guide is an easy way to find streaming content and live TV shows
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and...
- Endless Entertainment: Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills.
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen.
- Watch high dynamic range (HDR) content on your TV: With an HDR-compatible 4K TV, you can enjoy HDR movies and TV shows, in addition to all your...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- Fire TV brings together live-over-the air TV and your streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live...
- Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and...
- Everything you’d expect from a remote – plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just your...
- This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills and...
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
- Unlock the power of over a billion colors perfectly expressed with Hisense H8G Quantum Series ULED Smart TVs, which combine incredible, ultra-bright...
- Transform your home into an entertainment powerhouse with Dolby Vision HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG picture and Dolby Atmos sound technologies, creating a...
- Offers 240 motion rate and quantum dot color. Full array local dimming zones deliver a superior HDR experience with up to 700-nits peak brightness...
- Control the TV via the easy-to-use voice-enabled remote, through the built-In Google Assistant, or through an Alexa-enabled device (sold separately)...
- Measuring 43.8 x 25.4 x 3.1 inches, 28.2 pounds (43.8 x 28.3 x 9.5 inches with the included stand, LxHxW, 28.7 pounds) the 50H8G has a 1-year...
- REAL 4K NANOCELL DISPLAY: Bring your favorite shows to life with bright, vivid NanoCell. Local dimming brings you deep blacks and more balanced...
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Our Quad Core Processor 4K gives you a smooth, crisp viewing experience with enhanced contrast, color and blacks.
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: See and feel like you're in the action with Active HDR. See movies exactly how directors intended with Filmmaker Mode.And with...
- ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY: Gameplay goes even further with Game Optimizer which gives you easier access to all your game settings, Auto Low-Latency Mode and...
- THINQ AI: Control your LG smart products and other smart devices right from your TV with Home Dashboard or with the Magic Remote voice control. ThinQ...
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API