This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Portable air conditioning was only a dream years ago, but nowadays there are so many models available that it is hard to choose one. Here are some of the best portable air conditioners under $200 available in the market to help you choose.
An efficient air conditioning is everything you need in a humid room in order to escape the summer heat, remain comfortable, or relax on your days off. Portable air conditioners make it easier to access and enjoy the cool breeze. This is the perfect thing. And the good thing is that portable air conditioners are no longer expensive; you can get a good portable air conditioner for less than $200.
Check Also: Best Budget 60 Inch TVs
8 Best Cheap Portable Air Conditioners Under $200
1. Luma Comfort Portable Air Conditioner
Best Budget Portable Air Conditioner
This is the best air conditioner for hot and dry climates, particularly where humidity is still low. This cooler is also known for its special air passing systems via a 3D cooling pad and fan as a swamp cooler. It needs only water and power to enjoy its advantages.
It has a programmable timer so that you can save electricity if you do not need it. The room temperature can be lowered to 20-30 degrees, which can have a major impact. For its size and price, it works quite well. Its small size makes moving around the house or office easily. It is designed to be assembled from the box. It requires a few refills, plus a small amount of water. The water can last up to 10 hours after you fill the tank completely. Compared to most cooling products in the industry, it is very impressive.
You can configure this unit to deliver 3 air speeds and 3 alternative wind modes, which give you full control over how it delivers its coolness in the temperature rise. The eight-hour timepiece allows you to easily schedule to turn the machine off if you want it and a remote device for you to control it.
The unit is fairly lightweight (weighing 21.7 kg without water) and has simple glide ribs that swivel and lock to make it highly portable. There is no ugly trailing vent tube to think about as well as it is an evaporative cooler and not an AC!
The low water alarm is another useful feature. This sends you a noticeably louder “beep” when the waterfalls into near empty, even though you can also manually see the water level down the meter on the unit front.
This is the Best Cheap Portable Air Conditioners Under $200 you can find on market today.
2. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner
The Honeywell CS10XE is a portable indoor cooler that is one of the most affordable on the market. This compact unit can reduce the temperature in a small room by up to 30 degrees and is easy to control. It can also be easily placed with its long six-foot power cord.
See Also: Best Smartphone Gadgets You Should Buy
The airflow speed of the CS10XE fan is 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM) maximum and is better operated in small spaces. The unit can cool a room up to 175 square feet. ⠀
This cooler uses little power, which is an excellent advantage. It uses only 100 watts of power in its lowest setting. As such, the length of the typical summer costs around $9 to last for three months. While running the cooler during peak temperatures requires more energy, even at its highest, running the CS10XE is far cheaper than running the traditional air conditioner.
3. Hessaire MC18M Portable Air Conditioner
If you look for a decent cooler that doesn’t cost you a lot of money, you have to consider this unit another type. This is great in small to medium-sized apartments, but it has a good cooling ability to pack. It is a very lightweight portable air cooler that adds to its mobility. In fact, you can shift the unit from one room to another not only by the caster wheels, but you can even carry it up and down by hand.
It even has an extension for your garden hose so you don’t have to think about water tanks again. All you have to do is connect it to the water source and remove the amount of water needed.
This device is also strong enough for outdoor use-but just as long as it is in a covered area. This can not be affected, but if the room operates in high humidity, if it rains directly on it, it can not be as immune or stable – particularly when it must be plugged in. You should keep it inside or some semi-closed area.
4. NewAir Portable Air Conditioner
If the air is overcooled, the air usually loses so much vapor or air humidity. This induces dryness which can have an adverse effect on the face. You want an air conditioner like this, which also features a humidifier, to avoid these issues.
A few different colors are available for the New Air AF-1000W, a nice benefit that allows you to pick a specific model that is perfect for your home. The NewAir AF-1000W performs well for indoor conditions at low humidity levels and in dry climates. It can cool up to 300 square meters of space and is super-energy efficient, with no big effect on your costs.
Not just that, it’s one of the quietest portable air conditioning and coolers you can get, much quieter than much portable AC when operating at the top level. The NewAir AF-1000W is not the best model in the world and will not be able to deal with wide areas due to its low power output and cooling capabilities, but it still has a lot of positive features that make it popular.
5. Hisense Portable Air Conditioner
Stay cool and comfortable with this Hisense Portable Air Conditioner. Unlike a traditional unit, it enables one to easily move it from one room to another and can cool up to 200 square feet. The air conditioner with a remote has a slim design that takes up little floor space and is ideal for smaller rooms.
This air cooling machine also offers four caster wheels, an easy-to-install window kit for windows 18″ to 50″ wide, an easy-to-hold I-Feel remote with a built-in temperature sensor and a 24-hour programmable timer for added convenience. The ultra-slim portable air conditioner is ideal for any space that requires additional cooling in warm weather months. It can operate in three modes, including cool, dehumidify and fan, which allows for individual comfort settings. The Hisense 8,000-BTU 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner is smooth and sleek, so it looks as good as it functions.
- Portable AC has wheels to allow the AC to work almost anywhere
- Low noise cooling system is running quietly so you won’t be disturbed
- Various features, including cooling, ventilation, and dehumidifier
- I-Feel Remote Control, allows you to use the AC from the whole room
6. Costway Evaporative Portable Air Conditioner
Calm off at home with the cooling fan with filter knob lever Costway evaporative air conditioner. This product distributes cold air uniformly across the honeycomb’s cooling media while the liquid purifies the dust filter. The non-compressor mechanism of the Costway air conditioner cools without hungry power components in a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient way. It has four caster wheels that make moving from place to place fast. Thanks to its anion generator this element can also be used as an air purifier. The portable air conditioner Costway has three wind speed settings that can be adjusted to the comfort level.
See Also: 5 Best Recliners For Sleeping
- Performs best in hot/dry climates with less than 50 percent humidity
- Uses an excellent honeycomb cooling pad which ensures a high refreshment level
- Has a removable, clean air filter, 3 (low/medium/high) wind speed adjustment for the optimum comfort
- 2 ice-crystal boxes improve cooling efficiency
- Net weight: 10 lbs
- Voltage: 110V, 60Hz
- Power: 75W
- Overall dimensions: 10”L x 11”W x 24”H
7. Evapolar EvaLIGHT Plus Portable Air Conditioner
This portable air conditioner is characterized by its ability to impact a paltry 45 square foot space. For your decks, tents, and couches you may find it useful.
This appliance also chills and purifies the interior room apart from cooling up your room. It uses evaporative technology to do that. The machine is faster and smoother in all aspects. Before use, you don’t need to assemble it. That also means that it will be useful for anyone with limited expertise.
The Evapolar evaLIGHT Plus shows temperature data on a small screen on top. You also set the cooler to function for a certain period of time on this computer.
It can be run on a single tank fill for somewhere between 3 and 8 hours. The moveable, lightweight and portable and quieter options are easy to use than the cheaper mini Air Conditioners alternatives.
Benefits of Portable Air Conditioners
1. No Restrictions
Most apartments, condo complexes, and even municipal codes do not permit a window air conditioner. Portable air conditioning systems are a perfect choice because they aren’t outside the house. These are also lightweight, as their name suggests, meaning that it is easy to move them from one room to another.
2. Great for Small Places
Portable air conditioners are perfect if you stay in a small space. Those in the studio or apartment with one bedroom feel that they best fit their needs. No continuous deployment is required as well, and it is incredibly simple and fast to install. Also, natural light, views and other advantages of windows can be essential factors when living in a small area that you should not lose. In comparison, portable air conditioners only take a portion of the opening for a fan that fills much of the room and conserves the valuable fan space.
3. On-the-go Cooling Solution
If they have one, most RVs, travel trailers or pop-up campers have unreliable cooling systems. If it is a temporary holiday or a permanent place, you want to feel happy in your place. A compact air conditioner provides the ideal cooling option for small living spaces in leisure vehicles.
5 Things to Consider When Buying a Portable Air Conditioner
Portable air conditioners are rated in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour. Higher BTU rating models provide greater cooling capacity and can cover bigger areas. To ensure that you do not waste energy or spend money on one that can’t cool your room, it is important to purchase a suitable portable AC for your room.
- 8,000 BTUs will cover 200 sq. ft. (1,600 cubic feet)
- 10,000 BTUs will cover 300 sq. ft. (2,400 cubic feet)
- 12,000 BTUs will cover 400 sq. ft. (3,200 cubic feet)
- 13,000 BTUs will cover 450 sq. ft. (3,600 cubic feet)
- 14,000 BTUs will cover 500 sq. ft. (4,000 cubic feet)
The portable ACs generate hot air during the cooling process that has to be drained off their tubing (or tubing). Each model we sell comes with a window pack, which is included to keep out warm air. This means that most portable ACs need to be wired to a window a few meters away.
Draining moisture is the only maintenance you ever need to think about. It’s just part of the process, and all portable ACs draw moisture from the air coolly. Manually take the pot and empty it, add a gravity drained pitch to another spot, or use a pump to move water out and away from the AC and to another position.
However, the most easy-to-use portable ACs offer fully automatic concepts. These models, like the single line of air conditioners from DeLonghi and the compact, portable Whynter CA, evaporate most or all of the water they collect. When moisture is extracted automatically, it is just rarely you may have to think about removing them.
Portable ACs make noise. They work to cool down your room, and in comparison to ACs, all the bodies are inside the room. They work. Any airflow generation system must generate a certain noise level.
Be sure to compare the decibel (dB) levels emitted by different units if you are concerned about noise levels. For starters, Soleus Air portable air conditioners are one of the quieter models available on the market with a maximum configuration of 45 dB.
You should look at the energy efficiency (EER) ratio of a PAC if you are concerned about energy efficiency (to the advantage of the environment and/or your monthly energy bills). The EER informs you how many BTUs per watt power is used. In other words, more energy-efficient units with higher EERs.
Read Also: Best RV Air Conditioners
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Why You Should Have a Portable Air Conditioner in Home?
You may not know if you think you are making the right decision if you are planning to purchase portable air conditioners for the first time. You may have heard people talking about headaches, fatigue, breathing problems or allergies. Some of these issues were identified, but especially if you take good care of your air conditioning systems, they are preventable. Therefore, the benefits of air conditioning are better than the negatives of your house.
Improved air quality – You don’t need to think about dust, smoke, soil, bacteria, or micro-organic compounds with an air conditioner. This is especially important if you have asthma or allergies. Climate controls work by cleaning the air in your home and maintaining a healthy environment that minimizes irritants and allergens triggering an assault.
Less Noise – It is highly possible that your house will be free of noise pollution depending on the type of air conditioner you chose. Since air-conditioned spaces often have their windows and doors locked, the outside surroundings provide little or no noise. So, a conditioner will easily help you if you always worry about the noise and the air quality in your area.
What Is Required to Set Up a Portable Air Conditioner?
The requirements differ based on the platform, but the setup is typically easy and without pain Since the warm air and moisture are eliminated by all portable air conditioners while they are cold, the air must be exhaled at a new place–ideally outside with an optional window package. The window kits have a lever for your ventilation and exhaust shaft(s), which can be easily set to warm outside. Selected models can also be dumped into a drop-down or a wall. You will quickly plug in your air conditioner and continue to cool after you set up the exhaust fan and window pack!
Do All Portable Air Conditioners Need to Vent?
The brief answer is yes. Both portable air conditioners need to be vented in some form or fashion, just like any air conditioning system. Portable air conditioners drain the cooler air from the front of the unit and the residual warm air and moisture from the rear of the unit in warm air, cool it down and eject. This warm air and moisture have to be vented out of the atmosphere that you are drying right now. Your portable air conditioner system can be lowered fast and most typically via a nearby window, so almost each portable air conditioner includes a snap window that is easy to use.
What Should I Use to Cool a Server Room?
Portable air-conditioners are often used for extra ventilation, when a central air conditioning system is turned off, in the computer server rooms or as the primary cooling source. For these uses, we suggest portable ACs use completely auto-evaporative technology. It ensures that the accumulated condensation can never be drained manually and the portable AC runs unattended. The majority of server rooms are not accessible by simple windows and can be enclosed, making the airflow difficult. As a workaround, the heat air escape shaft can be guided into a region of the dropping roof or into a nearby room through a hole in the wall.
What electrical requirements do portable ACs have?
Most PACs use standard 115/120 volt home electricity and do not need any special cables or sockets. Because air conditioners can draw tremendous electricity, you must, of course, make sure you don’t overwhelm a circuit with several powerful devices. Special outlets and cable may or may not require some of the highest BTU PACs (14,000 BTU or higher) and commercial portable air conditioners. For further details, please read product descriptions. Depending on the model and the environmental conditions, energy consumption can differ.
Will a Portable Air Conditioner Work for Multiple Rooms?
It depends on that. A handheld air conditioner close to a window-mounted air conditioner cools the immediate area efficiently. The cold air does not, however, move through the corridor or narrow windows. In the case that a room has very wide gaps, it is likely to have a cooling effect in adjacent rooms. Additional cooling area fans can also be used to circulate air further.
How Noisy is a Portable Air Conditioner?
This may be a tough question to answer due to the differences in personal preference. Since portable air conditioners include a compressor and an air conditioning fan, they sound much like a window air conditioning unit. This means paying attention to a dB level on each product information list, which is a portable air conditioner. Most units dropped between 48 dB (equivalent to declining rain) and 60 dB (equivalent to a normal conversation).
How Long is the Exhaust Hose?
Your portable air conditioner comes with a shaft or vent that ranges from one type to another, which typically is about 3-4 ft. long. Many retailers can buy lengths (or shorter ones). Although the exhaust shaft’s length from the same manufacturer or seller that your AC unit has been ordered is normally required, it is often needless.
But, the longer you keep the exhaust tank, the less powerful the air conditioner becomes. It is important to understand. This can also lead to your machine working harder to cool the room, making the compressor work harder than it could minimize the air conditioner’s lifetime.
Will Portable Air Conditioners Produce Carbon Monoxide?
No. Due to its electricity consumption, you do not have to think about a portable air conditioner that emits carbon monoxide to your house. It is necessary for an actual, high carbon monoxide air-conditioner or window-mounted air conditioner in extreme circumstances. If a fuel-burning unit is on the other side of the window, this may be likely. It can include a running car, portable generator or barbeque, on which you can barbecue.
What is the Difference Between Portable Air Conditioners and Air Coolers?
Like a swamp cooler, air coolers use humidity to cool an environment. For environments that are already humid, this makes them less productive and has a narrower cooling capacity. These can often double as moisturizers, on the other hand. A portable air conditioner cools the air with a Freon pump, which usually has a larger cooling area than a cooler air conditioner.
Is it Safe to Leave Portable Air Conditioners On During the Night?
All portable air conditioners collect condensation as they cool. This is generally collected in a water tray in the air conditioning units themselves. If the water is about to overflow, the portable air conditioner will shut itself off. Generally, portable air conditioners have this same function if their air filters are about to overflow. The only real hazard is if you have plugged a portable air conditioner into an overused plug. Room air conditioners use a good amount of electricity and can cause a short if they don’t have a dedicated plug. Otherwise, portable air conditioners are as safe as any other appliance.
Here are some other available products for you:
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 3 Stage cleaning, removes a range of allergens: dust, cigarette smoke, pollen, odors, pet dander, mold spores and organic chemicals. CFM (Sleep / Low...
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants - with no harmful ozone
- Delivered air flow :236 CFM, decibels : 27.8 . Smart Sensor gauges the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep...
- No remote control . CADR rated for 360 sq. ft. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, baby nurseries and offices
- ❄【POWERFUL FANS】:You can even feel the cool wind within 6 feet distance ,You can put it on your computer desk when you work, on your sofa when...
- ❄【ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DESIGN】:Just add pure water, plug in the power supply, it can continuously supply you with moist air, so that you can...
- ❄【THE MOIST AIR IS FRAGRANT】 :The portable air-conditioner can solve the shortcomings of these two products, through the evaporation of natural...
- ❄【SIMPLE AND PRACTICAL OPERATION】 :Portable design, you can adjust its Angle at any time, when you feel too wet, you can point it in the other...
- ❄【HAVE MORE CHOICES】 :Three power supply methods, you can use the USB port of mobile devices such as laptops for power supply. Use the charger...
- ❄️【Multiple Modes Satisfy Your Needs】Agilly portable air conditioner features with 4 pre-programmed modes (Normal/Nature/Sleep/Cold) & 3 wind...
- ❄️【Wide Oscillation & Easy to Move】This swamp cooler packs a punch for its compact size and sleek appearance. This oscillating fan comes with...
- ❄️【Ultra-Safe for Your Loved One】Agilly upgrades our products' safety index by adding no-blade design and granting the ETL listed Mark by...
- ❄️【Give You a Excuse Being Lazy】Equipped a smart convenient features - remote control offers 16ft. remote distance and instant response, this...
- ❄️【Make You Sleep Like a Baby】The ultra-quiet performance of this room air conditioner / bladeless tower fan makes you sleep like a baby after...
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- 3-in-1 EVAPORATIVE AIR COOLER FAN - equipped with functions of cooling, humidifying and purifying air. It can quickly and effectively transform dry...
- PORTABLE & POWER-SAVING - features a lightweight, handy, sleek body design intended to be used in the bedroom, living room or garage at home or...
- ADJUSTABLE WIND SPEED & LOW NOISE - with 3 adjustable wind speed modes (Low/Mid/High) you can choose the ideal wind to provide you with more coolness...
- 8-H TIMING FUNCTION & SAFETY - with an 8-hour timer, you can easily set the device to automatically turn off to save energy. It has a visible low...
- LARGE-CAPACITY WATER TANK - cooler fan equipped with a 6L large-capacity water tank can avoid the trouble of frequent water filling. Bring you a cool...
- ❄【Energy-efficient】COMFYHOME multi-function evaporative cooler is a combination of fan's air circulation and humidifier's purification. Compared...
- ❄【Customized Breeze To Your Taste】 The 3 in 1 smart evaporative air cooler can quickly cool air with its high efficiency motor. With a whole...
- ❄【Remote Control＆ 65°Oscillation】 The compact evaporative air cooler comes with 0.42 sq. ft large louvers, you can manually adjust the front...
- ❄【Humanized Double Watertank, Ultimate Comfy】 No need to bend over with the topwater tank! It is friendly to the elderly and pregnant women....
- ❄【Lightweight ＆ Easy to move】 This electric evaporative air cooler is lightweight 9 lbs and portable. It is more convenient to move with the...
- ❆【Convenient and Portable Design】 8-Hour Timer feature and remote control amplify your freedom. Just a click to control your fan from 20 feet,...
- ❆【Bladeless Deign for Safety and Easy Cleaning】If you are looking for a bladeless cooling solution, this evaporative air cooler will be an...
- ❆【Energy Saving & Eco-friendly】Compared with your costly AC, Breezewell Evaporative Air Cooler has no compressor and does not use chemical...
- ❆【3 Wind Speeds, 4 Modes & Extra Swing Feature】Designed, programed and engineered for adaptability. Breezewell have developed this easy-to-use...
- ❆【Convenient and Portable Design】 8-Hour Timer feature and remote control amplify your freedom. Just a click to control your fan from 20 feet,...
- ❄❄[ Cool experience ] Personal air cooler, fan Circulate air to keep the room cool and make you more comfortable in every corner of the room.Cools...
- ❄❄[ 3 Adjustable Speed ] Our mini air conditioner designed with 3 modes of speed, it can be adjusted (low / medium / high) freely according to...
- ❄❄[ New version design ] Air cooler has touch screen function, bringing you different new experience.Just put your finger on the switch button and...
- ❄❄[ Portable Air Conditioner ] All you have to do is add water & ice cube into the tank of this desktop air cooler, plug it into USB port or power...
- ❄❄[ Energy Saving & Health] Small air circulators do not contain ozone refrigerant . It protects the health of your family. This mini air...
- FOUR MODES: Cools, dehumidifies, ventilates, and sleeps (sleep mode can only be used with remote controller) over two-speed levels. Great for use this...
- PORTABLE COMPACT DESIGN: Small but mighty, this portable AC unit can fit into smaller areas with ease. Four swivel wheels on the base to move around...
- 24 HOUR Timer & AUTO CUT OFF: This indoor air conditioner allows you to set it to a specific running time, ideal for when you're going to sleep and...
- REMOTE CONTROL & EASY CLEANING: The mobile air conditioners allows you to control the AC when you’re not close to it. Powered by 2 x AAA batteries...
- INFORMATION: Overall Dimension: 14"L x 13.5"W x 27.5"H, Voltage: 110-120V/60HZ. NOTE: Can only be used for sliding door windows, the exhaust hose is...
- Move it to any room to maintain a pleasant temperature
- Control the temperature prolifically with 2344.57 W cooling power
- Stay comfortable with this air conditioner, which effectively cools rooms up to 350 Sq. ft.
- Provides enough cooling in your room with 3 fan speeds
- Included remote control for easy changes from across the room
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API