This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is no doubt that when we are sitting, we all want to be comfortable. Most people today consider sleeping recliners. They are not just confined to people with back pain or other physical problems. They are also a good choice for people who want to relax.
A recliner is a preferred chair for relaxation and enjoying the TV. Also, it is an excellent place to get some restful sleep. Recliners allow you to change the headrest position, back and leg up to help blood flow, and that’s why it’s so easy to fall asleep.
In particular, elderly people enjoy the angle and comfort of a recliner that can also relieve certain problems, including reflux and respiratory diseases. Some recliners have even designs that support people with limited mobility, as they are easier to get out of the bed than to climb. The click of a button is all it needs
When buying a sleeping recliner, many things need to be taken into consideration, particularly because they can be expensive. We are going to tell you what to look for when you shop online for sleeper recliners, and we’ve also created some top picks of best recliners for sleeping to help you start.
Best Recliners For Sleeping
- Homall Recliner Chair
- Flash Furniture Rocker
- Dorel Living Slim Recliner
- DaVinci Piper Upholstered Recliner
- HomCom PU Leather Heated Vibrating Massage Recliner
1. Homall Recliner Chair
Best Recliner for Sleeping
Once put in a suitable place in the living room, the Homall Recliner Chair looks grand and elegant. This chair is made of PU leather of high quality and looks plush.
The seat backrest, armrest, and even the foot resting are extensively padded to provide maximum sitter comfort. Some claim that the chair looks small but has shown that it can easily accommodate heavy people.
The simplicity and functionality of the recliner chair ensure it merges with all kinds of home environments.
For Homall Single Recliner Chair is used the highest quality material. The highest quality PU leather for the chair makes it very smooth and comfortable to touch. And there will be no trouble relaxing on a sensitive skin form on a chair. PU leather is also very easy to clean. If something spills or stretches out on the chair, a wet cloth can be used for easy cleaning.
The leaner is heavily padded in its construction and backrest is in a curved shape to ensure proper support for the spine and back when sitting.
Armrests are also large and thickly padded and cushioned, so you can easily rest your shoulders. The seat is wide and deeply cushioned to provide maximum support, and padding is of the highest quality. The stitching style is beautiful, as it adds to the chair’s convenience and beauty. The chair’s footrest needs special consideration, as well.
This is one of the best recliners for sleeping!
2. Flash Furniture Rocker
This recliner has a modern design that blends comfort and function. It is a traditional recliner that works with a heel on the side of the chair.
This contemporary recliner has been designed in a few different colors, using extremely soft upholsteries. This recliner features padded armrests that make you feel very comfortable. It has a manual level in addition to controlling your recline. This is perfect for back pain, as it helps you to find the perfect place for you as a customer.
The seat is also filled with 5 cm CA 117 foam, giving you a combination of support and comfort while on the chair. This chair is said to be incredibly stable, particularly while leaning back horizontal.
3. Dorel Living Slim Recliner
This Dorel Living recliner chair has a small profile. It can be placed in every room at home. The recliner is designed to provide you with full support.
The simple, elegant style of the recliner makes it a good choice for everybody. There is a rear coil with a tufted channel. This will make you feel comfortable while watching TV or reading books you love.
The Living Slim Recliner has a gentle beige microfiber fabric that fits almost every room. The chair was designed to take not much place, unlike other recliners. This is perfect for living rooms, family and small rooms. The neutral beige tone is easier to adapt to any room; however, you may have to look for something else if you are looking for a larger recliner.
4. DaVinci Piper Upholstered Recliner
The elegant and sleek design of this recliner makes it really a one-of-a-kind product. You will not even guess at first glance that this armchair hides the reclining feature.
It’s soft and very durable. The lever manages the leaning function. The lever between the armrest and the bench is covered correctly. And that’s where you need it! The process is smooth and quiet, like a clock.
The support system is built of durable metal to ensure the requisite stability. You can also swivel the chair to 360 degrees. There is also an incredible work. This helps you to use it effortlessly and fits into the living room. This function provides additional mobility for the item.
5. HomCom PU Leather Heated Vibrating Massage Recliner
The first look at the HomCom PU Leather Heated Vibrating 360 Degree Swivel Massage Recliner will show the recliner’s being soft and extremely comfortable to sit on.
It is clear from the recliner chair’s appearance that, at the same time, it abounds in style and comfort with overstuffed padding and outstanding vibration and heating facilities. The chair style is such that it can be put in any house room-in the living room, bedroom, or even in the study.
HomCom Massage Recliner Chair comes complete with vibrating feature for body relaxing. The chair contains a minimum of eight vibrating massage motors targeting four areas in the body–including lower and upper back, calves and thighs. You can use all the points at the same time, or you can choose one or two according to your choice.
The chair features five pre-programmed relaxation modes along with two levels of intensity from which you can pick. Therefore, all types of people can use the chair and their comfort levels can be taken care of in a personalized way.
This chair comes with a heating mechanism in the waist area, calming and relaxing the body’s aches as you sit and recline. That ensures that at the same time the general well-being is maintained while sitting in peace and relaxing.
The Benefits Of Sleeping In a Recliner
Improved Circulation – What’s wonderful about a recliner is that it can help improve your entire body’s circulation as you can lay your feet above the top of the chart
Back Pain Relief – When you sleep on a recliner, and you raise your feet and recline your whole body you will be able to remove the pressure off your back.
Breathe Easily – You have the ability to breathe easier when you sleep in your recliner, relieving snoring symptoms, sleep apnea, acid reflux, and heartburn. This is because in an upright position, you sleep, which holds the stomach acid down.
Helps With Digestion – When you are in a recline and breathe slowly and deeply, this will not only help with your stress levels but also with your digestion. While you sleep, your body digests and restores your muscles, finally absorbing your diet and allowing you to sleep better.
Stress Reduction – Research has shown that every day you rest for an hour outside your bedroom will reduce stress significantly. A reclining area is perfect because it helps you rest in a relaxed and relaxing place without having to sleep. Obviously, unless you want to.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Can You Sleep on a Recliner?
Sleeping in a recliner can be a topic based on who you are asking; some people think it is perfectly acceptable, while others warn against it and suggest sleeping in a bed is the best course of action.
And in fact, there are certain situations where sleeping in a recliner could have a detrimental effect on your physical condition. But in some cases, it is actually beneficial to sleep in a recliner, such as if you are suffering from conditions such as heartburn or sleep apnea, or if you experience certain types of back pain that are worse if you are lying flat in a bed.
How to Choose a Recliner for Sleeping?
Build Quality: Recliners come with different construction values and building materials. For those suffering from backaches, the metal coils are a good choice. The cushioned recliners improve customer ease. Metal frames are the preferred choices for rocker recliners.
Features: Nowadays many additional features can be found in recliners. Some of them provide features with built-in massage. Heating features can even be found in some recliner models. Certain features are the cup holders, hand pockets, etc.
Upholstery: In recliners the type of upholstery influences various aspects such as durability, aesthetics, maintenance. Visually appealing are the recliners with full-grain leather but they involve more maintenance and care. Certain common upholstery fabrics include plastic, microfibre, canvas, polyester, etc. Each one has its own advantages and drawbacks. To go for a specific upholstery depends on the individual’s choice.
Size and Space – Search for a recliner that offers the best size while still saving space in your place, based on the recliner area that you have assigned to. You’ll also want a recliner with enough space and more to suit your body.
You can check and the list at the beginning of the article to choose one of the Best Recliners for Sleeping.
How to Maintain a Recliner?
If you’re using a leather recliner, don’t put it under direct sunlight, either by putting it at a window.
It is recommended to clean your leather recliner a couple of times a month in order to avoid harm and dust causing allergies. Drain it away with cleaner quality leather, remove all the dust and debris and clean it. To help you with this, use the cleaners gently to prevent staining, obey the manufacturers ‘ instructions. Use a wet tissue every few days for routine cleaning. Therefore, treat stains so that something permanent is not produced.
Clean the leather strap with a recipe to keep the leather shiny and looking great.
How much does a good recliner cost?
The rates are between $200 and $5,000. Everything will depend on manufacturers and on what you need (for electricity or manually), type of upholstery (leather, natural cotton, multi-fiber, plastic, PU / faux leather), simple configurations (swivel, rolling, gliding), additional features such as heating, relaxing, noise, headphones, USB ports, cupholders, etc.
How long does a recliner last?
There’s no chair that lives forever! If we talk of trusted manufacturers and high-quality model systems, you are the right thing. The more often and “rude” you are with your chair, the higher are the odds that it will not last long. The more you value it, the longer it lasts. Keep pets, children, scratches, and stains away from it. Don’t fall in and play remote-controlled –with your favorite chair, everything is about being gentle and careful. Then it makes you relaxed, reliable and smooth to run for long years.
Is it bad to sleep in a recliner every night?
This isn’t always bad. If you want, you can spend a night in a recliner. But, if you have no chronic back diseases and can sleep in the bed, sleep in the bed. Regular sleep in a recliner will lead to contractures in the knees and hips.
Is Sitting in A Recliner Bad for Your Back?
After a long day’s work, nothing beats relaxing. However, as you get out of the chair, you may feel pain in your lower back for certain instances. Then you may wonder, “Is my back a bad recliner?”
Recliners are primarily designed to lighten your back pain. Relaxing in a recliner can, therefore, offer you excellent advantages. However, this is valid only if your chair is supported by a lumbar, suits your body perfectly, and lifts your feet above the head. You will most likely experience lower rear pressure if it does not have lower back support.
There are several recliners that offer better lumbar support compared to other recliners. If a recliner has no lumbar support, the muscles at the lower back contract and stretch, causing discomfort. When raising the legs, a recliner with a good lumbar support has no gaps between the chair or your back. This only means that your lower back is well balanced regardless of the venue.
However, it’s best to consult a doctor immediately if your back pain is serious and sitting in a recliner won’t help it.
Do recliners need any assembling?
Yes, recliners are usually delivered in different parts because of their large size. They are mounted after delivery. Many recliners are also already assembled in the factory and then delivered. It’s varying from brand to model. Until you buy, you need to do it.
What extra features are available with recliners?
Recliners focus primarily on your comfort. It has many different features to give you a more relaxed feeling. These are the characteristics:
The most popular feature is the massager. Most recliners come with one or two massagers to reach various parts of your back or head.
A heater is also an excellent feature. It supplies heat in back parts. For the sore back, it’s very helpful.
Also, in recliners under your armrest are small refrigerators with cup holders so you can settle for a cooling drink under your arm.
Do recliners need electricity?
Yes, the power to function is essential for many recliners. Different devices, including massagers and heaters, need strength. It must be connected to a power supply to operate. In some cases, the recliner is entirely manual, with no electricity needed. It depends entirely on the recliner’s characteristics.
Here are some other great choices for you to check out:
- Includes One (1) Glider Recliner
- Dimensions: 42.52 inches long x 38.98 inches deep x 39.76 inches high Seat Width: 22.50 inches Seat Depth: 21.75 inches Seat Height: 19.50 inches
- Assembly Required
- The Merit Glider Recliner is the perfect companion for any media room or living room. It 's elegant style and comfort gives relaxation a whole new...
- Covered in a 100% polyester cover with a super plush hand with a solid but subtle tone on tone pattern
- Fully padded chaise cushion for maximum head to toe support and comfort
- Royal Zero Gravity mechanism that supports legs, back, and neck to reduce stress giving this recliner superior comfort
- Made in the USA with hardwood frames, mortise and tenon joints, and steel recliner mechanism for superior durability
- ➤【Rocker Recliner Chair】When the footrest is closed, the chair can rocker back and forth, which is suitable for mother and baby to rest...
- ➤【High Quality Material】NAVY fabric looks like GRAY in the light. Luxurious breathable recliner with high-density foam and laminated veneer...
- ➤【Humanization Design】Soft pillows on the head and back in different using of reading book, watching TV and sleeping, provide extremely comfort...
- ➤【Heavy Duty】Comfortable Recliner, Wider Armrests, Weight Capacity - 300 lbs, Measure 38.6"W x 39.4"D x 39.4"H, Seat Height - 19.7", Seat...
- ➤【Buy With Confidence】CANMOV provide free exchange for installation problems, damaged and missing parts with 1-year warranty guarantee, feel...
- One outlet and two USB changing plugs are hidden in arm storage and available at the push of a button for easy charging access. Easily charge your...
- Power Recline to infinite positions with the touch of a button. You can sit upright for an intense movie, recline to relax, or lay fully back to take...
- Swivel tray can attach to either arm for easy use and stows in arm storage when not in use. Swivel tray is perfect for use with a laptop or tablet...
- PREMIUM faux Leather cover is breathable, extremely soft and durable, and easy to clean. Fabric content is 80% polyester and 20% polyurethane.
- Chair dimensions - 38.0" L x 39.5" W x 43.0" H . Seat dimensions - 24.41” W x 20.67” D x 20.08” H
- ➤Attractive Look - Leisure single sofas with outstanding and exquisite design update your house instantly and bring you a lot of compliments from...
- ➤Convenient to Use - The footrest will pop out automatically after pulling out the latch attached. With the elbows putting on the armrests, the...
- ➤Pleasant Seating Experience - High-resiliency foam cushions provide adequate support to different parts of the user's body, which helps drive away...
- ➤Simple Installation & Ideal Size - All you have to do is take all parts of the recliner from the shipping box and then attach the back of chair to...
- ➤Occasions - Perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, theater rooms and media rooms. Note: One Year Waranty for reclining mechnism, metal frames or other...
- 💺【Non-toxic Material】: We insist on choosing environmentally friendly timber with higher production costs. All wood boards used in our products...
- 💺【UL Approved Silent Lift Motor】 - With our powerful silent lift motor, our lift chair can pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand...
- 💺【Heated Vibration Massage & USB Outlet】 - This chair come with 4 areas of massage(shin, thigh, lumbar, head) and 5 modes( pulse, press, wave,...
- 💺【Soft Fabric and Overstuffed Padding】 - Lining Springs with Overstuffed backrest and seat cushion will bring you more comfortable, just like...
- 💺【Assemble and Long Term Customer Service】 - Come with assemble & use instructions. Super easy assemble and usually only need 10-15mins to...
- 【Power Lift Recliner】Luxurious massage chair with high-density foam and environmentally friendly timber, higher production costs to provide...
- 【Lifting Remote Control】2 remote control. With the lifting control button, our lift chair will smoothly adjust to any customized position and stop...
- 【Massage Remote Control】Electric recliner (including leg rest) features 8 vibrating points, 4 areas of massage (back, lumbar, thighs, legs), and 5...
- 【Luxury Artificial Leather and Overstuffed Padding】Soft upholstery, Overstuffed high-density sponge and simple lines sketched out the recliner,...
- 【Assemble and Long Term Customer Service】: The product comes with 2 packages and assembling & use instructions. Super easy to assemble and usually...
- 🐇✔ Electric Reclining System: Simple two buttons press activate reclining function with extremely smooth gentle motion. It will be a great...
- 🐇✔ Comfortable and Durable: Design with overstuffed pillows on the head and back in different using of reading book, watching TV and sleeping,...
- 🐇✔ USB Charging Port and Easy Clean: It comes one USB charging port on right side of chair keeps your devices charging remotes and small items...
- 🐇✔ Heavy Duty and Ideal Size: Overall size 39"W x 28"D x 39"H, Expanded Length – 64", Seat Height - 18.3", Seat Dimensions - 21.7"W x 21.7"D,...
- 🐇✔Warranty: ANJ provides free exchange for installation problems, damaged and missing parts with 1-year warranty guarantee, feel free to contact...
- Modern Home Style: Grey recliner chair is fashion and simple, imparted an air of elegance to the room. High-quality blue fabric is skin-friendly and...
- Multi-Function: The backrest can be titled from 90 to 165 degrees and the footrest can be used on demands. It is comfortable to sit and watch TV or to...
- Ergonomic Design: The curve fits your back and disperses the pressure. Wide armrest with arc design, releases your hand pressure and promotes blood...
- Dimensions: Seat Height: 17.5 inch, Seat Dimensions: 20 x 22.5 inch (L x W), Back Dimensions: 19.7 x 29 inch (W x H), Open Dimensions: 26 x 29 x 38.5...
- Ideal outdoor furniture: We has a professional outdoor furniture design team, focusing on the design of high-quality outdoor furniture sets. The...
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API